No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• This will mark Hornish’s fourth NASCAR start at Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) – He has three previous NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) starts with his best result 21st in 2008. He also has eight IZOD IndyCar Series (IICS) starts at the venue which include a pole and a victory, both of which came in 2006
• Hornish won the Indianapolis 500 from the pole at IMS in 2006
• This weekend will mark Hornish’s 52nd NNS start – he has scored one victory, 6 top-five and 17 top-10 finishes
• After 18 races, Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race with chassis PRS-231 which is a brand new addition to the Penske Racing fleet
• Consistency has been a key for Hornish this season as he has completed 3218 of 3220 laps thus far (99.9%)
• Fun fact – Sam’s most prized possession is his Baby Borg Warner trophy
• Penske Racing has 360 all-time race victories with 99 stock car wins and 419 pole positions overall including 125 NASCAR poles.
• #PenskePride- Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend’s INDY 250
“We are very excited to be a part of the inaugural Nationwide Series race the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend as the track has unparalleled heritage and prestige . It has a very unique significance within Penske Racing and I have a special feeling for the place too. Our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge has been strong lately and we have been very consistent. The Indy 250 is the absolute ideal race for us to step up our game and bring home a top-finish for Alliance Truck Parts and all of our partners.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend’s INDY 250
“Indianapolis has been a target on our schedule since its addition was announced. Let’s face it – there isn’t much that needs to be said about what an honor it would be to be the inaugural winner of the Nationwide Series event there. We’ve put together what we feel is our strongest car and engine package to date. Sam has a great amount of confidence going into Indy, as an Indianapolis 500 champion, and Penske Racing has 15 victories there as well. When Penske Racing comes to Indy, we come to win. The Alliance team has all the components to put together a strong race, now we have to go out and execute.”