• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his 17th start of the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Saturday afternoon in the F.W. Webb 200 in Loudon, NH.
• This will mark Hornish’s first Nationwide Series start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. He has six previous NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) starts there with his best finish an eighth-place in 2009
• This weekend will mark Sam’s 50th NNS start – he has scored one victory, 5 top-five and 15 top-10 finishes
• After 16 races, Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race with the brand new chassis PRS-232
• This is a big weekend for Sam as he will be doing double duty with the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series, this will be just his second time driving both NNS and NSCS races in the same weekend (the first was the 2010 season-finale weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway)
• Consistency has been a key for Hornish this season as he has completed 2817 of 2819 laps thus far (99.9%)
• Fun fact – Sam’s favorite websites are eBay and auctionzip.com
• Penske Racing has 358 all-time race victories with 98 stock car wins and 418 pole positions overall including 125 NASCAR poles.
• #PenskePride- Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend’s F.W. Webb 200
“This should be a great weekend for the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge. The team has been consistently improving every weekend and we have been putting ourselves in position for top finishes. New Hampshire Motor Speedway is a track that challenges a driver in ways that seem to suit my driving style. The car may be great at one end of the track and a hand-full at the other, which means you have to really work at finding the fastest way around.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend’s F.W. Webb 200
“The Alliance Truck Parts team looks to continue with positive momentum in New Hampshire. We had a very positive test a few weeks back at the Milwaukee Mile, in preparation for the Loudon event. Stability in the heavy braking zones, coupled with the ability to put the Penske Engines horsepower to the ground, will be the keys to the race. Sam has run very well there in the Sprint Cup series in the past, and we look to use his experience and the decent short track efforts we’ve had earlier this year to run up front this coming weekend.”