• On Saturday Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his third NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Dover International Speedway (DIS). His most-recent start came in June of this year when he finished 13th. Hornish has six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) starts at the venue with his best result, a 13th-place finish, coming in May of 2009
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Alliance Truck Parts banner. Alliance Truck Parts is the private label brand of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, North America’s largest truck manufacturer and a leading producer of medium-duty and specialized commercial vehicles. Find out more at http://www.alliancepartsracing.com/Home.aspx or follow at @allianceparts on Twitter
• Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts team are looking to start another hot streak as they are coming off their third second-place finish of the season after a strong run last weekend at Kentucky
• This weekend will mark Hornish’s 61st NNS start – he has scored one victory, one pole, 11 top-five and 25 top-10 finishes in series competition
• After 27 races, Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are ranked fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS-223 which Hornish raced to a third-place finish at Iowa this past August
• Sam will be participating at a tweet-up at the Monster Statue at 11:00 a.m. ET on Sunday, September 30, 2012
• Here’s a fun fact – Sam will be in Kansas next Tuesday for a NASCAR Winner’s Circle appearance to promote the upcoming races at Kansas Speedway. Fans can catch Sam from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Hollywood Casino at the Turn 2 Bar and Restaurant
• Penske Racing has 363 all-time race victories with 101 NASCAR wins and 423 pole positions overall, including 127 NASCAR poles.
• Follow Hornish on Twitter at @SamHornish, or @PenskeRacing
• #PenskePride – each race weekend have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend’s OneMain Financial 200
“Dover is one of the places on the schedule where the driver really has a strong sense of how fast the car is traveling around the track. This weekend is a great opportunity for the Alliance Truck Parts team to rebound from the rough day we had there in June. I enjoy the track and I love the trophy, Miles the Monster, which just adds motivation to go out there this weekend and do what it takes to bring one of those trophies home.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend’s OneMain Financial 200
“The Alliance Truck Parts team is building good momentum after last weekend at Kentucky and now heading into one of my favorite places to race from a track standpoint, which is Dover. Our Dodge Challenger will need to be stable in the high speed entry corners, and be able to rotate in the center without being loose on corner exit. Penske Racing has been building great cars all year, and we hope to be able to send the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge to Victory Lane for all of our partners and employees.”