• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the WURTH banner as they make their seventh and final appearance of the 2012 season as the primary sponsor of the Penske Racing Dodge in NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) competition. The Wurth Companies of North America provide customers with everything they need to succeed in the Automotive, Industrial and Woodworking Industries. Whether it is a small body shop or nationwide fleet maintenance company, Wurth USA offers the unparalleled selection and unbeatable service that is synonymous with the Wurth brand
• This weekend will mark Hornish’s 62nd NNS start – he has scored one victory, one pole, 11 top-five and 25 top-10 finishes in series competition
• After 28 races, Hornish and the No. 12 WURTH Dodge team are ranked fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 WURTH Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS-236 which is a new addition to the Penske fleet
• Tune into SpikeTV October 13 & 14 from 9:00 -11:00 a.m. to see Sam on PowerBlockTV with host Courtney Hansen. Get more info at http://www.powerblocktv.com/
• This week there are two opportunities to meet Sam Hornish Jr. The first is Wednesday, October 10 from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. at the Wal-Mart located at 2420 Supercenter Dr. NE, Kannapolis, NC and the second is Friday, October 12 from 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. at the Penske Fan Fest at Penske Racing 200 Penske Way, Mooresville, NC
• Here’s a fun fact – Sam likes to take on projects that result in learning new skills and personal growth – most of them are inspired by his children and include making costumes and building things such as tree houses and carriages
• Penske Racing has 364 all-time race victories with 102 NASCAR wins and 423 pole positions overall, including 127 NASCAR poles.
• #PenskePride – fans can Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo is named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend’s Dollar General 300
“Charlotte is a unique place to race as most of us do not have to travel for this one. The track is great – especially for the fans as they can see the action on the big screen. It is pretty busy for us in terms of off-track activity with sponsor and fan events as well as running both series keep us on the go. Our WURTH Dodge team is hitting stride and our Penske Dodge Challengers have had great speed so this weekend we are concentrating on doing all the little things and doing our best to put one all together.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend’s Dollar General 300
“This is a great race for all the teams as we get to stay home and race which only happens to us in Charlotte. This WURTH Dodge crew has been executing at a high level, our Challengers have been fast and Sam has been great behind the wheel. Now we just a need a little bit of racing luck on our side and we feel we are well positioned to bring home a victory.”