No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Alliance Truck Parts banner. Alliance Truck Parts is the private label brand of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, North America’s largest truck manufacturer and a leading producer of medium-duty and specialized commercial vehicles. Find out more at http://www.alliancepartsracing.com/Home.aspx or follow at @allianceparts on twitter
• This event marks Hornish’s 63rd Nationwide Series start – he has scored one victory, one pole, 11 top-five and 25 top-10 finishes in series competition
• This will mark Hornish’s first NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Kansas Speedway. He has four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts and seven IZOD IndyCar Series career starts at the venue, which includes one victory (2006).
• After 29 races, Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are ranked fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS-229, which Sam drove to a sixth-place finish at Kentucky Speedway earlier this season
• Here’s a fun fact – Sam has an 1897 armoire custom fitted into the wall of the bar/game room area of his home
• Penske Racing has 364 all-time race victories with 102 NASCAR wins and 423 pole positions overall, including 127 NASCAR poles.
• #PenskePride – fans can Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo is named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend’s Kansas Lottery 300
“We are looking forward to this weekend at Kansas. The Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger has made marked improvements on the mile-and-a-half tracks this year. This event presents us with a bit of an unknown with the newly repaved racing surface, but we are confident that our Penske Racing crew will find a way to get the most out of our Dodge Challenger and have a strong result this weekend.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend’s Kansas Lottery 300
“This weekend will be interesting for everybody with the freshly repaved surface at Kansas. The Penske Dodges have historically been strong at Kansas and our Alliance Truck Parts team is much stronger than our recent results show. Our mile-and-a-half program has improved substantially over the course of this season so we feel pretty good heading into this weekend.”